Call for Papers: Special Issue on Unethical Behaviours and Management Controls: Issues and Challenges to Management Accounting
- Vincent Chong (University of Western Australia, Australia)
- Zuraidah Mohd Sanusi (Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia)
- Jan Alpenberg (Linnaeus University, Sweden)
Organizations continue to face issues and challenges on unethical behaviours such as corruption, fraud, and/or misreporting among their managers. Understanding how unethical behaviours occur and how they can be prevented is an essential managerial issue. This Special Issue aims to provide a research forum for scholars to contribute and/or investigates how an organization’s formal and informal management controls can be used to prevent or control unethical behaviours.
All research methods are welcome, and topic areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Issues and challenges of management controls on unethical behaviours;
- The impacts of performance measures and reward systems design on unethical behaviours;
- Issues and challenges of unethical behaviour and management control research in public and/or not-for-profit sectors;
- Unethical behaviours and management controls: Implications of organizational culture;
- The effect of leadership style and management controls on unethical behaviours
- Individual differences, unethical behaviours, and management controls;
- A cross-cultural investigation of the relationship between management controls and unethical behaviours.
Any other topics related to the Special Issue theme can also be considered.
- 31 May 2022 – Deadline for Initial Submissions
- 15August 2022 – First Editorial Decisions
- 30 September 2022 – Due date for Revised Submissions
- 15 November 2022 – Final Editorial Decisions
Submission of Manuscripts:
Submission implies that the content of the manuscript has not been published elsewhere or currently under consideration by another journal or publisher for publication. All submissions are subjected to a double-blind review process. Potential contributors should submit manuscripts by email: [email protected].