Management Accountants are seen as the “value-creators” amongst the accountants. They are much more interested in forward looking and taking decisions that will affect the future of the organisation, than in the historical recording and compliance (scorekeeping) aspects of the profession.
Principal Benefit of Membership– Ability to Contribute at the C-Suite Level
The principal benefit members value most, is the training, knowledge and experience gained in completing the flagship ‘CMA program’. The CMA intensive programme from ICMA (Australia & NZ) is world-recognised as the benchmark for those in (or aspiring to) leading roles in strategic finance such as:
- Value Creation
- Enterprise Governance
- Business Analysis
- Performance Management
- Cost Management
- Risk Management
- Environmental & Social Reporting
- Strategic Auditing
This will enable CMAs to contribute at the highest C-Suite levels to the strategic direction of their organisations.
Other Member Benefits
On becoming a certified member, the Benefits of ICMA membership are:
- Post Nominals – The use of internationally recognised post-nominals, especially the highly sought-after CMA professional credentials. [Note: If you are not a financial member, it is prohibited to use these post-nominals or describe yourself as a ‘Certified Management Accountant’.]
- Membership Certificate – This recognises your qualifications and experience in the specialist field of management accounting.
- Digital Certification – You can showcase your professional qualifications that highlight your education, training, and experience with the web-enabled Credly open badges which can be verified in real-time, online.
- Continuing Professional Development – Members have access to a range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities in the leading-edge topics of strategic management accounting and business analysis.
- Website – Full access to the members only access area of the www.cmaaustralia.edu.au website, with links to all associated management accounting web pages around the world.
- MA Briefings – Keeping you up to date with changes, members have access to the CEO Blog, the CFO Talks, and can attend free MA Briefings organised by our recognised education providers.
- On Target eMagazine – In the ever-changing world of Management Accounting news can break at any time. Our monthly email On Target update brings the news straight to your desk.
- Research Publications – Access to the Institute’s commissioned research publications; including full access to the publications resulting from the Institute’s competitive research grants.
- Research Journals – Keep up to date on the critical information you need to know through the Journal of Applied Management Accounting Research and Management Accounting Frontiers research journals. Every edition is full of applied technical articles, with information on trends in government, industry, and technology.
- Training and Conferences – Improve your skills and increase your expertise at our educational conferences and workshops.
- Government Relations – Know what’s around the corner and be confident that you’re well represented on key issues affecting management accounting.
- Networking – Networking via participation in Regional Office, Branch and Centre activities; and special interest groups involving management accounting academics and professionals around the world. Take advantage of opportunities to meet with your colleagues and expand your circle of valuable contacts.
- Library – Full access to the Institute’s vast online library services specialising in strategy, accounting, marketing, business analysis, risk management, and environmental and social management accounting (ESMA).
- Mutual Recognition Agreements – Obtain membership of other with other professional accounting bodies via MRAs.
- Credit in University Courses – Having successfully completed the CMA education program, members can obtain credit in MBA programs in leading universities around the world; including the MBA at the ICMA sponsored Calwest University in Northridge California, USA; where CMAs get 8 out of 12 credit exemption for the MBA; and the possibility of continuing to a Doctorate (DBA) research degree after completing the MBA.
In addition, members can obtain the following at discounted prices:
- Enrolment in its Seminar series on cutting-edge developments in the profession.
- Registration at the ICMA sponsored conferences around the world.
- Access and participation in ICMA Webinars with senior academics and professionals.